How well does your movement practice compliment the rest of your life? Movement, health, and fitness are starting points for improving one’s well-being. From these starting points, one should be exposed to principles and best practices that are applicable for all endeavors.
My name is Jared Cohen. As a coach, I strive to be the catalyst for your “aha moments” that go beyond just the movement realm, i.e., practicing, cultivating barrierlessness. As such, I am passionate about the type of learning process that underscores skill acquisition in everything in order to leverage better adaptability, and transferability of one’s current understanding. I believe your movement practice should be one that strives towards ever evolving, self-actualization.
I got my CrossFit Level 1 Certification in 2011. Ever since, I have been heavily immersed in becoming a more well diversified and detailed strength/conditioning coach, and health/movement educator. Moreover, I am a proud proponent of amassing the tools in conjunction with crafting the type of growth mindset to further one’s confident yet humble sense of self-empowerment and self-sufficiency. I graduated from Pitzer College in 2013 with a BA in Psychology, and I currently am working toward obtaining a duel master’s degree in Sport Psychology and Business Administration at John F. Kennedy University.
- Level 1 (16 hr, 2011)
- Mobility and Movement (24 hr, 2015, 2013, 2011)
- Gymnastics (16 hr, 2014)
- Endurance (16 hr, 2013)
Yoga Tune Up®
- Level 1 Certification Training (70 hr., 2014)
- The Roll Model® Method-The Science of Rolling (8 hr., 2013)
- Hips Immersion (20 hr., 2014)
- The Roll Model® Method-Ball Sequencing and Innovation (8 hr., 2014)
- Shoulders Immersion (20 hr., 2014)
- Breath and Bliss Immersion (14 hr., 2015)
- Core Integration Immersion (20 hr., 2015)
- Functional Range Conditioning® Mobility Specialist (16hr, 2015)
- Kenny Kane’s Context Coaching Seminar (16 hr, 2015)
- Gil Hedley’s Cadaver Dissection Lab (42 hr, 2015)
- California State University, Northridge PT Dept Cadaver Lab (6 hr, 2015)
- Catalyst Olympic Weightlifting Level 1 (24 hr, 2014)
- Dragon Door’s Russian Kettlbebell (24 hr, 2013)
- YogaFit Level 1 (24 hr, 2012)
- Carl Paoli’s Freestyle Seminar (8 hr, 2012)
Kristi Whitcomb, Summit High School Fontana, CA volleyball and softball coach
"I had the pleasure of being coached and trained by Jared. I started competing a couple years ago and he has made such a difference with how I competed at my comps. I did 2 masters competitions and placed 1st in both of them. My mobility isn’t the best so I needed a lot of work to help with being able to squat, pull-ups, muscle-ups and many more movements. I am now able to do all the movements that I greatly struggled with in the beginning of my training. He has definitely made me into a better athlete and a stronger competitor."